January 21, Nomad Amsterdam Photo credit: Kerry Reinking
Each month we'll feature a different AABC member in our new Member Spotlight, this month Sid Gupta. Would you like to be featured in a future edition of our Member Spotlight? Get in touch with Veronica at email@example.com
1. Who are you? (introduce yourself)Hello ! I am Sid Gupta. I am a marketing strategist with nearly 15 years’ experience. My profession has taken me all over the world – from New Zealand to Africa to Europe; and I love exploring different cultures and working out the marketing implications thereof. It’s not all work and I do play :) Hit me up for a game of squash anytime !
2. When and why did you join the AABC?I have been part of AABC for a couple of months now. I went to one of the events looking forward to expanding my business network. I came across like minded entrepreneurs in a very vibrant atmosphere and so I joined.
3. Tell us about your business and how we can work with you.Small & big companies alike often struggle with reaching their full potential because of gaps in market intel. Having a good product may not be enough - to succeed, you need to know things like what are the most efficient customer acquisition channels for your business, how are your customers deciding what they buy, what is your competition doing and as such what should be your strategy. And this is where we come in – my company marQt iQ can get you the market intel you need to reach your full business potential. As we like to say - “ fortune favours the prepared !”
4. What are your tips and/or advice about doing business in the Netherlands?Compared to the USA for example, businesses in the Netherlands take much longer in forming trusting relations with other businesses. A good understanding of the market and knowledge of your industry helps in accelerating this process. That is why you need good market & business intelligence!
Each month we'll feature a different AABC member in our new Member Spotlight, this month Roel Strijker. Would you like to be featured in a future edition of our Member Spotlight? Get in touch with Veronica at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Who are you? (introduce yourself)My name is Roel Strijker, born in the east of The Netherlands, nearby Zwolle. When I was 6, my family moved to Hilversum (a city which is more in the central part of The Netherlands. Also the broadcasting city) due to my fathers work, which was giving and selling: Management Trainingen (Sales, Motivations, Communications, Leadership). So this was a topic mentioned a lot during breakfast, since we lived above the headoffice. Studied Fashion & Management on a private school in Doorn. And after gaining 20 years of experience in the field (retail and wholesale), I am doing now what I loved best: sales, people and fashion!
2. When and why did you join the AABC?When I became a Personal Tailor I first became a member of other Dutch networkingclubs, simply to see (observe and learn) what is going on. And there is a lot going on! The Netherlands (as a business) attracts a lot of foreign businesses and therefor it might be very interested to see the possibilities within. After learning a lot, I decided to widen my horizon and put my scope on the international businessclubs. What better place to start at…. than America:)!
3. Tell us about your business and how we can work with you.I will not sell you a custom made suit. As a Personal Tailor of custom made menswear. I only have to manage your expectations the right way. My promise to you is when you buy a suit from me, you will feel more successful and more happier! I will visit you at home or at the office (also for your colleagues at work we can have a Custom Made Event). So how can I even promise that? Simply by having a conversation with me. I will talk about the advantages of custom made clothing (suits, jacket, shirts, smokings, overcoats), the beautiful Italian and English fabrics, the best makes and the nicest sartorial (handmade) details. Obviously with the finest qualities. But more important: I will get to know you! For me it is the lifeline to gain access to your Personal Style. Hence the title: Personal Tailor. The headquarter is based in The Hague and a shop will be opened in Voorburg in March this year (2019)! So have a look at www.iamluigi.nl, or like us on Facebook and/or Instagram! In addition we have a fantastic Ambassadors Program. If you are an ambassador for our brand, you could end up with a fantastic custom made suit for free!
4. What are your tips and/or advice about doing business in the Netherlands?Doing business in The Netherlands means in most cases, you don't have to wear a suit with a tie (obviously except when it's embedded in the corporate culture of the company). You could lose the tie easily. Even just a neat jacket ('Sack') with 'Slacks' is common. Though carelessness whilst wearing (ie American people tend to wear suits rather a size up) will kill the atmosphere. So pay attention to details and dare to look sharp. Call/ app me for any advice on the spot (+31(0)6 50600931)!
Each month we'll feature a different AABC member in our new Member Spotlight, this month Petra Fisher. Would you like to be featured in a future edition of our Member Spotlight? Get in touch with Veronica at email@example.com
1. Who are you? (introduce yourself)I am a single mom of a teenager, independent LinkedIn Trainer, a sole breadwinner, mortgage payer, house cleaner and whatever else there is to do to keep a 2 person, 1 cat household going. When not working I prefer books over TV, when I do watch TV (as my teenager loves it) I tend to combine this with crochet or knitting. Love the balance of online when I am working and totally offline in my free time. Please connect with me on LinkedIn and mention you read about me here https://www.linkedin.com/in/petrafisher/.
2. When and why did you join the AABC?In October 2018 I joined AABC as Stephanie Ward had been encouraging to do so for years. What appealed to me is that the networking takes place in different, interesting locations each month and the diversity of the members.
3. Tell us about your business and how we can work with you.As an independent LinkedIn Trainer I help people transform their LinkedIn Presence from a sum up of responsibilities in the past, to a story showing the development of transferable skills focused on the now and near future. Working with me can be focused on your LinkedIn Profile, your networking strategy, or your engagement (posting, sharing, liking, commenting) strategy. Working with me can roughly be done in 3 settings:
- Reading the tips in my newsletter each week and implementing the tips + working through the free LinkedIn Profile workbook. Actually, this is not working with me, this is the free DIY version of using my knowledge to your advantage. https://petrafisher.com You can also join the free FB group “LinkedIn Tips” to read interesting articles by different LinkedIn Trainers and to ask your questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/linkedintipspetrafisher/
- If you feel overwhelmed by getting started, know it shouldn’t be that hard, but not a bit of a push and a shove… there is it online training: “LinkedIn Your Daily Dose”. This is where for 3 weeks (weekdays only) you will receive step by step instruction through email and video to fix one small aspect of your LinkedIn Profile each day. You can post your examples, worries, considerations in a closed FB group, where all participants support each other. https://petrafisher.com/your-daily-linkedin-dose-online-linkedin-course/ If you sign up (it rolls every month) please add AABC behind your last name. You will then be invited to a live online Q&A at the hardest part of the course. A Q&A only for AABC members, fancy if you are the only one to sign up!
- As an individual (employee or entrepreneur) you can work with me 1-on-1. This is done through Zoom (kinda like Skype) so you don’t have to find the time to travel to my office. I have several packages available to match your needs. https://petrafisher.com/linkedin-training/
- As a company you can bring me in to give a presentation style workshop (90 min) for as many people as you can fit in your conference room. The rest of the day (and follow up days if needed). I work with each employee 1-on-1 for 30 minutes. A small ambassadors workshop (training staff how to be leaders and get others on board) is also possible. https://petrafisher.com/linkedin-training/